Arts Narrogin are delighted to have secured funding to conduct a research project to better understand and grow performing arts audiences in Narrogin. The purpose of this project is –
- To gain a better understanding of current and potential audience members within our region
- To get a clearer understanding of what would induce them attend an event, enabling us to make more informed programming decisions
- Ultimately, we aim to increase audience size by offering shows and performances that reflect the interests of our community
In order to successfully and smoothly roll out this project, we are searching for a Community Research Coordinator. If you have a great understanding of the diverse population within Narrogin, are confident chatting to people, and have good organisational skills and initiative, read on – this may be the job for you!!
Community Research Coordinator
Contract position; $40/hr – project phone provided
Arts Narrogin seeks an outgoing person who knows and understands our community and people to work with us to coordinate a project to seek views on performing arts for Narrogin.
This is a short-term position for four to six weeks, working 12 hours a week. No previous research knowledge is required and there is no door knocking or cold calling in this role. There will be an hourly rate paid of $40.
The ideal person will have these characteristics
- An understanding of the diverse population and community groups in Narrogin.
- An outgoing personality, happy to talk to people and ask their views.
- A self-starting approach to tasks and the ability to work without supervision.
- Good problem-solving skills with an ability to make decisions and provide feedback.
- Excellent writing and listening skills
The tasks of this job will include
- Recruiting people for discussion sessions
- Planning discussion sessions and coordinating respondents
- Taking notes and arranging feedback on sessions
- Conducting one on one face to face discussions and recording what respondents say
- Providing regular feedback to Arts Narrogin on progress
- Liaising with community partners to help spread the word about the consultation
- Taking enquiries and providing information on the project to those interested.
Please make all enquiries on this position to Cait Stewart. Application letters can be delivered to Arts Narrogin at 80 Federal St, Narrogin or emailed to email@example.com by 4pm, Thursday 18 October 2018.
Thanks to CircuitWest and Creative Regions Scheme Two, a scheme funded by the Department of Local government, Sport and Cultural Industries and the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development as part of the Creative Regions Program, for this opportunity.